|Tzatziki (Yogurt and Cucumber Dip)||Mistra Estates Sandwich|
|* 1 large cucumber, seeded and cut into
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 pint plain yogurt, drained of liquid
* 3/4 tablespoons Mistra Estates olive oil
* 2-5 cloves garlic, minced
* 4 fresh finely shredded mint leaves or 2 tablespoons dried mint or 1 small bunch finely chopped parsley.
Salt the cucumber strips and dry on paper towel for 1/2 hour. Whisk together the olive oil and garlic, and combine with the yogurt. Stir in the cucumber and chill. Just before serving, stir well and add the mint or parsley. Serve as a spread or dip for bread or raw vegetables.
|* 1 loaf of crusty Greek, French or Italian
* 1 tablespoon Mistra Estates olive oil
* feta or other cheese, thinly sliced
* tomatoes, thinly sliced
* onions, thinly sliced
Cut the loaf into 5-inch long sections and slice. Drizzle the olive oil on the bottom slices of bread. Top with the lettuce, cheese, oregano, onions, and tomatoes.
Mistra Estates-Ladopoulos Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available in the United States.